Wednesday, March 18, 2009

San Diego Part One

So my parents and I started our drive to San Diego this morning and the trip was doomed from the beginning. I woke up this morning with a bit of a stomach bug and ended up having to leave about an hour later than planned. I wasn't eating anything to avoid being sick so liquids went right through me which resulted in many more bathroom breaks than planned.


So we finally get going and are trucking along and then we come to the border patrol check point. This was more funny than aggravating. So we pull up and the drug sniffing dog comes and sniffs the outside of the car and then they tell you to pull forward to verify your citizenship. Well apparently the drug sniffing dogs can smell narcotics so I was asked to pull over to the side turn the car off and step out of the vehicle. The dog tore my car apart and found my Tylenol with codeine which I brought because I had been having problems with a kidney stone. I'm glad to see that they are taking things so seriously, I just found it kind of funny.
We finally made it to the hotel a couple hours later than expected so we were more than ready to get to our room and relax for a bit. We walk into our room and the floors had just been cleaned and are still soaking wet so I called the front desk and they were more than happy to switch our room. This is where it gets funny. We get into our new room and quickly notice that they gave us a bit of an upgrade and right when we are about to make ourselves comfortable we realize there is other peoples suitcases in the room, I'm just glad the people weren't actually in there. Finally we get a room that has dry carpet and is not occupied by anyone else, and they waived the pet fee since there was so much confusion. The staff was great and was super accommodating.
I just hope the rest of the trip goes smoothly. The dogs were great in the car but not so friendly at the beach but we'll work on that.

2 comments:

Kim said...

What?! Why didn't I know you guys were going to San Diego? I'm so jealous. It's supposed to snow here this weekend. Have fun!

Kim said...

I can just see Max getting kicked off the beach. You can't take that dog anywhere.